Advancing Care Information
Changes from 2017 ACI Reporting
- 2014 CEHRT will be acceptable for 2018, but bonus points will be given to those using 2015 CEHRT.
- 10 bonus points will be awarded for reporting to any single public health agency or clinical data registry to meet any measures associated with the Public Health and Clinical Data Registry Reporting Objective / Public Health Reporting Objective. Additional registry participation will be worth 5 points.
- Additional Improvement Activities eligible for the 10 point bonus in ACI.
- New category exemptions for significant hardships, ASC-based MIPS eligible clinicians, and clinicians whose EHR was decertified.
- Exclusions added for the ePrescribing and Health Information Exchange base measures.
Advancing Care Information Submission Options & Scoring
Key Terms for Understanding ACI
Base Score: to receive ACI base score points, clinicians must provide either numerator/denominator or yes/no for each measure (which is specified within measure). This accounts for half the ACI category score.
Performance Score: Beyond the 5 required measures, physicians can select measures that best fit their practice. They will then be ranked on performance for these measures. This will account for up to 90% of the ACI category score.
- Worth 25% of total MIPS CPS
An organization may choose to submit measure data to CMS as an individual or as a group through any the options below.
CMS Web Interface
Stay up to date with the latest news regarding MACRA and MIPS.
The Healthmonix Advisor is a free weekly news source, connecting you to the latest updates in the value-based care industry.