Cost Performance Category
- Two measures automatically captured via administrative claims.
- Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary (MSPB) measure
- Total per Capita Cost Measure
- Measure performance is tracked over a full calendar year.
- If either measure does meet the minimum case requirement, the score will be determined by only one measure.
10 %of MIPS Composite Performance Score
Key Changes From 2017
- Cost now effects your MIPS final score, after being weighted at 0% for 2017. A feedback report for measure performance during 2017 is available on the QRUR.
- 10 episode based measures included in 2017 are no longer going to be used.
- 2018 performance feedback for the two included measures and new, unweighted episode-based measures in development will be available from CMS no later than July 1, 2018.
Stay up to date with the latest news regarding MACRA and MIPS.
The Healthmonix Advisor is a free weekly news source, connecting you to the latest updates in the value-based care industry.